26 de enero de 2011

Memory #05252006 / Recuerdo #05252006


I studied Graphic Design and my favorite class was… yes you guessed photography :) Our second assignment was to capture images of our city to create postcards with them. While thinking where I wanted to shoot for that project I remembered all the trips my family and I took to Rosarito when we were kids. My second favorite thing about those trips was the scenery of the road. I remembered all the colors, the textures, the joys, the adventures and it felt just right to go back to that road, to those places that have a very important part of my life. 

Because I wanted to go with the flow of my memories I asked my dad to drive me. We went to La Rumorosa, a little mountain town near Mexicali to catch the sunset and capture the beauty of the natural scenery.

It was a lovely trip and today is a beautiful memory. Every time I look at these pictures I remember him and I smile because I’m grateful to have those memories in my heart.
By the way, alter I presented my Project in class I was corrected that La Rumorosa is not part of Mexicali, it’s part of Tecate. My bad!

--

Estudie diseño gráfico y mi clase favorita era… si lo adivinaste fotografía :) Nuestro segundo proyecto fue tomar imágenes de nuestra ciudad para crear postales con ellas. Mientras estaba pensando a donde quería ir para tomar fotos recordé todos los viajes familiares que hicimos a Rosarito cuando éramos niños. Mi segunda cosa favorita en esos viajes era la vista del camino. Recordé los colores, las texturas, las alegrías, las aventuras y me terminé de convencer de que era el lugar al que quería regresar para tomar fotos de ese lugar que tienes un lugar en mi vida.

Ya que quería ir con el mismo sentir de mis recuerdos le pedí a mi papá que me llevara. Fuimos a la Rumorosa, un pequeño pueblo en la montaña cerca de Mexicali para ver el atardecer y plasmar la belleza del paisaje natural.

Fue un viaje muy lindo y hoy es un hermoso recuerdo. Cada vez que veo esas fotos lo recuerdo y sonrío porque me siento agradecida de tener esas memorias en mi corazón.

Por cierto, después de presentar mi proyecto me aclararon que La Rumorosa no es parte de Mexicali, sino parte de Tecate. Ups! 






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario