23 de febrero de 2012

How many hats can one head hold?



By Amber Knauss 

Amber Knauss is a mom, a wife, a photographer, a probation officer, but first and foremost is a Christian.  She loves classic movies and the style and grace of old Hollywood, and is an avid reader.  Amber is the owner of Golightly Images and loves doing fun photo sessions and creating lovely images for families. 
___


Overwhelmed: The dictionary describes it as to overcome completely in mind or feeling; to cover or bury with a mass of something. For an example, see picture of author.  Or go look in the mirror.  I’m making an educated guess that I am not alone in this feeling.  The problem, for me, isn’t that I CAN’T say no, it’s that I DON’T WANT to say no.  I truly want to take pictures of a beautiful wedding day.  I want, with my hearts greatest desire, to be the best mom and wife I can be.  I want to help out with my kids school activities.  I want to create lasting images for families.  I want to be the best employee I can be.  So I end up juggling too many hats and become a jack of all trades, expert at none.  Perhaps learning to say no would help this outcome, but then I don’t think I would be living life to it’s fullest, and I wouldn’t be taking advantage of all the desires God has placed in my heart. 

How many hats do you wear?  Mom?  Wife?  Sister, daughter, friend, confidant, artist, photographer?  Any many more.  Philippians 4:13 tells us “I can do all things thru Christ who gives me strength”.  I believe we can juggle all the hats that God puts in our heart to wear, IF we wear one hat first.  And that hat is Christian.  If we put God first, everything else will fall into place.  Romans 4:20 states that “yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God”.  Matthew 6:33 tells us to “seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you”. 

Being overwhelmed is not a new concept.  In biblical days, did the women not juggle more than we could ever handle in one day?  They didn’t have the conveniences of electricity or grocery stores, or running water.  If they needed food, they had to plant it, grow it, harvest it, cook it.  And God promised that if we put Him first, everything else will fall into place.  I’m not here today to tell you to learn to say no.  I’m simply going to suggest that we learn to put God first, and then everything else will fall into place.    The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you.

You can check out her blog and portfolio at www.golightlyimages.com or follow her on Facebook at www.facebook.com/golightlyimages

1 comentario: