28 de febrero de 2011

Last week / Última Semana

This is it. There's no turning back. I already talked to my boss and told her I'm quitting school. Did I say that out loud? I think I did. I think letting Internet know makes it official and I want to squeak with emotion and fear!

The thought of leaving school in order to pursue photography full time has been in my mind for a couple of months but I've been hesitant of taking the step. I’ve been afraid, but one more time life pushes me to take decisions and with that I understand it is my moment to leave.

I’ve learned so much with my job as a teacher that I know I’m going to miss ALL my students! Whenever I feel down, they have a hug to make my day better; a joke to make me smile, a story that reminds me to dream like a kid again, and the list goes on.

It’s been an a.m.a.z.i.n.g. year and a half and I’m grateful for everything I’ve learned and all the experiences I’ve been through with my students. I hope it helps when I work with kids in the future.

This is it. There’s no turning back. From next Monday I’ll be a full time photographer!! Please don’t forget to pray for me during the week! :) 


--


Listo. No hay vuelta atrás. Ya hablé con mi jefa y le dije que voy a renunciar a la escuela. Lo dije en voz alta? Creo que si. Creo que decirlo en Internet lo hace oficial y quiero gritar de emoción y miedo!

La idea de dejar la escuela para dedicarme en tiempo completo a la fotografía ha estado rondando en mi mente por  varios meses pero me había reservado de dar el paso. He tenido miedo, pero una vez más la vida me empuja a tomar decisiones y con eso entiendo que es el momento para que me retire.

He aprendido tanto en mi trabajo como maestra que sé que voy a extrañar a TODOS mis estudiantes! Cuando me sentía con las pilas bajas, tenían un abrazo para mejorar mi día; me contaban un chiste para hacerme sonreír, me contaban una historia para recordarme que tengo que soñar como niña de nuevo.

Ha sido un año y medio e.x.t.r.a.o.r.d.i.n.a.r.i.o. y me siento agradecida por todo lo que he aprendido y todas las experiencias que pasado con mis alumnos. Espero que este trabajo me ayude para cuando tenga que trabajar con niños en un futuro.


Listo. No hay vuelta atrás. Desde el próximo Lunes voy a ser fotógrafa de tiempo completo!! Por favor no se olviden de orar por mi durante la semana!! :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario